Dolby Vision and HDR10+
Zappiti Reference combines all of the colour and crisp detail of true 4K Ultra HD, Dolby Vision and HDR10+ with stunning sound.
The Zappiti Reference is at the same time a high-end media player and a media server capable of streaming content to other Zappiti devices within your house through the exclusive Zappiti Share advanced streaming protocol.
The Zappiti Reference media player comes with a dual internal hard drive bay capable of hosting up to 40 TB of movies, TV shows and music files, and features dual HDMI output. It includes a premium 32-bit DAC ESS ES9038Q2M, a massive toroidal transformer and offers an astonishing picture and sound quality to fit the requirements of the top home theatre systems.
VS10 Video Processing
The ultra-vivid image of innovative visual technology Dolby Vision® brings characters to life with darker darks, brighter brights, and a remarkable colour range you can’t get anywhere else.
Experience a remarkable colour palette, sharper contrasts, and incredible brightness that feel more like looking through a window than at a screen. This is HDR-like you've never seen it before.
Discover subtle details you simply can’t see with a standard picture, for a viewing experience without compromise, just as the filmmakers and creators intended.
Zappiti Reference media player supports direct playback of full Blu-ray disc images (BDMV and ISO) with menus in Dolby Vision (MEL and FEL), as well as various file formats including MKV, MP4, TS, and M2TS. All popular Dolby Vision profiles (P4, P5, P7 MEL and FEL, P8) are supported. The extended Dolby Vision metadata is used and transmitted to the TV to improve picture quality.
The advanced Dolby Vision VS10 video processing engine ensures maximum image quality when playing any type of content (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision) with any type of video output signal (SDR, HDR, Dolby Vision), improves the SDR/HDR/Dolby Vision conversion quality, minimizes the effect of "posterization" ("banding") due to more advanced 12-bit video processing. This gives benefits even when using the media player with older TVs that do not support Dolby Vision.
Ultra HD 4K
HDR > SDR
DVD, Blu-ray & UHD Menus Support
Hi-Quality Backlit RC
Switch instantly from one application to another (Zappiti or Explorer) using the direct access buttons: image ratio, 3D, subtitles, audio tracks, repeat mode, ... The remote control of the Zappiti Reference features a true STOP button and direct playback access to 1 min. forward / backward and 10 sec. forward / backward.
Premium DAC ES9038Q2M
HDMI Audio Only
Hi-Fi Analog Audio Output
XMOS Audio Processor
The Zappiti Reference also includes Hi-End components from famous vendors such as JEC power connector (used in the aerospace industry), Neutrik audio connectors (Germany) Philips diodes (NL), Nichicon Audio Series and Nippon Chemi-Con capacitors (Japan), ERO series from Vishay Roederstein and WIMA capacitors (Germany). WIMA filter capacitors are designed based on low loss polypropylene film and feature high AC capacity at high frequencies as well as low ESL and ESR values.
Toroidal Power Supply
Dual HDD slot
With its dual 3.5 "SATA hot-swap rack, the Zappiti Reference is capable of supporting up to 40 TB total storage internally; the equivalent of about 1,000 Blu-rays or 500 4K Ultra HD Blu-rays. And as it is possible to exchange hard drives, you have no capacity limit! With the Zappiti Reference, you no longer need to worry about storage problems.
Note: When using 2 hard drives, you can mix contents from the 2 drives into a single collection.
Hard drive not included.
This allows you to place your Zappiti behind closed doors in a cabinet or in another room and still be able to control them from in front of your TV. It comes with self-stick tape on the back of the IR bud for easy installation on any flat surface.
A universal media player
● Dual HDMI: Use the second HDMI to separate audio and video for the best performances and enjoy the 4K HDR, while using an old-generation AV receiver or soundbar non-4K compatible. You can enjoy both HD sound and 4K HDR without having to replace your AV receiver or soundbar.
● Video processing: Zappiti Magic Pixel V3 and VS10 video processing combined offers an outstanding picture quality - far better than the previous generations - with improved dynamics, accurate colorimetry, increased contrast, solid deinterlacing and better upscaling (up to 4K resolution). Even on a Full HD 1080p TV or a front projector, you will be astounded by the image of your display! 3D also offers better image depth and an impressive, immersive effect.
● Dolby Vision and HDR10+: Display your HDR, HDR10+ and Dolby Vision video content on a compatible display.
● HDR Conversion: Convert your HDR video content into SDR to display it on your 1080p TV or projector managed by a brand new video processing for better colour grading accuracy and a perfect luminance curve.
● 10/12-Bit: Take advantage of powerful 10/12-bit YUV hardware decoding for professional-quality video display and benefit from increased nuance and reduced "posterization" ("banding") effect.
● REC. 2020: Enjoy a wider colour space for more saturated and richer colours.
● 4K 50/60p: Display your 4K 50p/60p video content in 2160p at 50 Hz or 60 Hz.
● Real Cinema: Advanced auto framerate detection compatible with all video frequencies (23.976 / 24 / 29.97 / 30 / 50 / 59.94 / 60 Hz).
● Direct Output: Display your videos in their original resolution and frequency without scaling processing.
● HiFi Power Supply: Massive toroidal power transformer, which delivers a clean and robust power source for cristal sharp picture, extreme depth of blacks, and noise-free audio output.
● Premium DAC ESS ES9038Q2M: Very high-performance, 32-bit, stereo audio D/A converter designed for audiophiles and delivers a THD+N of -120dB.
● XMOS Processor: Perfect digital audio processing with original sample rate preservation, ultra-low jitter and reclocking.
● Widevine L1 DRM: Watch premium online video services in HD and UHD.
● 3D Video Support: Enjoy all your 3D movies files (3D BD ISO, MKV 3D MVC).
● Network Player: Connect your Zappiti on your local network and enjoy your content from a PC/MAC or a NAS via SMB or NFS.
● SMB Server: Access the contents located on the internal hard drives of the Zappiti (or a connected hard drive) from a computer connected via a local network.
● MKV Player: Playback SD, HD and UHD video content in MKV and other modern video file containers and formats, including top quality HEVC/H.265 video codec with very high bit-rates > 400 Mbp/s.
● BD / UHD ISO: Display the DVD, Blu-ray and UHD menus and access to the additional contents, director's cut or theatrical version, bonus and extras, bookmarks, etc. with seamless branching support.
● Dual DD Rack Option with Hot Swap Function: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA hard drives up to 40 TB.
● USB Ports: Conveniently connect HDDs, USB flash drives, USB card readers and other USB storage devices.
● Ports USB 3.1 and Type-C: Read or transfer your files at ultra-high speed. Note: USB Type-C and USB 3.1 ports cannot be used simultaneously.
● Full Range of A/V Connectors: HDMI Main (Deep Color, xvYCC, 12 bits, and CEC), HDMI Audio Only Output, HDMI Input, Analog HiFi Stereo RCA & Analog Balanced XLR Outputs, S/PDIF Coaxial and Optical Audio Outputs, Audio Analog (cinch) & CVBS Video Analog Output.
● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream up to 11.2.4, downmix stereo.
● Hi-Res Music Playback: Playback Hi-Res Audio quality (up to 24-bit) music files in various formats (DSD, FLAC, AIFF, ALAC, WavPack, APE, DTS, AC3, etc).
● Playback Memory: Resume playback from the last position.
● Backlit Remote Control: High-quality backlit remote control with convenient direct access and shortcuts, wide range (60° / 26 ft) and recordable buttons to control another device.
● Bluetooth 5.0: Connect your wireless devices via Bluetooth such as joysticks, headphones, connected speakers ...
● Computer Mouse and keyboard: Connect a computer mouse and keyboard to control third-party applications and more convenient text entry.
● Complete File Management System: copy, cut, past (multitasking), delete, rename.
● Zappiti Video Control: Control your Zappiti player with the virtual remote control via your tablet or smartphone.
● Open GUI: Add apps and movies in the Favorite section.
● Hi-Fi Coaxial Output: The Zappiti Reference offers an ultra-high quality coaxial output that provides extremely high efficiency and transparent high fidelity sound up when using an external DAC. The coaxial output also provides lower jitter than the optical output.
● OLED Screen: Thanks to the large matrix OLED display located on the front panel, the Zappiti is able to display the current time, playback position, song currently playing and supports navigation through the menus even when the TV is turned off.
● Chipset: Realtek RTD1619DR.
● CPU: ARM Cortex-A55 (hexa core). +77% faster than 4-core ARM A53 used in the previous generation media players.
● GPU: ARM Mali-G51 MP3. +50% faster than Mali T-820 used in the previous generation media players.
● Operating System: Linux + Android 9.
● DSP: Video and Audio DSP with hardware acceleration. Native hardware 10-bit YUV support. Hardware performance optimizations for Zappiti UI.
● Cache: 1 MB L2.
● RAM: 4 GB. 2x more than in the previous generation media players.
● ROM: 32 GB NAN eMMC. 2x more than in the previous generation media players.
● Connectors: gold-plated HDMI Audio Video 2.0b (HDCP 2.2, CEC, Deep Color, 12-bit, xvYCC, MHL 3.0), HDMI Audio Only 1.4a, HDMI In, 3x USB 2.0, 1x USB 3.1, 1x USB Type-C, CVBS Video Analog, Audio Analog RCA, HiFi analog RCA and Balanced XLR, Digital Audio Coaxial and S/PDIF Optical (TO-slink), Ethernet Gigabit 10/100/1000 Gb/s, Wi-Fi 2.4 & 5 GHz with 2 gold-plated removable antennas, Bluetooth with dedicated antenna, IR input for IR extender, AC input, AC button On/Off, Power LED.
● Dual HDD Rack Enclosure Option: Easily and quickly insert and exchange internal 3.5'' SATA hard drives up to 40 TB (2x 20 TB).
● Media Sources: External HDD (USB), USB devices (USB flash drive, USB card reader, etc), PC and NAS in local network (SMB), other Internet and local network media sources. External multi-bay USB storage enclosures supported.
● Easy and Fast File Transfers: up to 90 MB/s via SATA and USB 3.1 / 115 MB/s via Ethernet.
● Internet Navigator: Connect a computer mouse and keyboard to browse the Internet as on a computer.
● SMB Client/Server: Direct access from another Zappiti / computer through your local network. Samba Client up to SMB2/SMB3.
● Video Codecs: HEVC, H.265, x265 (up to Main10 Level 6.1 High 60p in 4K UHD), MVC, AVC, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, VC-1, H.264/x.264 (up to 60p in Full HD and 24p/20 Mbps in 4K UHD), FLV, AVS, XVID, DIVX (from version 4 using Zappiti Video), Sorenson Spark L70, VP9 Profile 2 (up to 4K 60p and HDR) ; ultra high bitrate support (up to 400 Mbit/s in HEVC 4K UHD).
● Video File Formats: UHD ISO, 3D BD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, MKV, MKV 3D, MK3D, MPEG-TS, MPEG-PS, MPEG, MPE, MPG, TS, TP, M2TS, VOB, AVI, MOV, MP4, QT, WebM, DVD-ISO, VIDEO_TS, RMVB, RM, DAT, VOB, 3GP, FLV, DAT, AVCHD 2.0 (AVCHD 3D, AVHD Progressive).
● Dolby Vision support: ISO, BDMV, MKV, MPEG-TS, TS, M2TS, MP4.
● Widevine L1 DRM: Watch premium online video services in 1080p and UHD. Security Level 1 (L1) is complete processing performed in a Trusted Execution Environment (TEE). This level refers to the highest level of DRM (hardware DRM) and lets Zappiti stream premium video services at resolutions up to UHD quality. Level 2 cannot stream videos higher than 480p.
● Video Output Flexibility: Output video in any resolution and format from SD to 1080p, Ultra HD (3840x2160) and 4K (4096x2160). Up to 4K 60p. Display your movies in true 24p (23,976 Hz output).
● Audio / Video Sync: Adjust audio / video sync forward / backward (in ms).
● Audio Codecs: AC-3 / Dolby Digital, EAC3, DTS, DTS-WAV, MPEG, MP3, ALAC (Apple lossless), APE (Monkey's Audio), M4A, M4A, AIFF, WAV, WavPack, VSELP, FLAC (2.0 only), AAC, AAC-LC, HEAAC, HE-AAC v2, AMR-NB, OGG (Ogg/Vorbis), RA_COOK, LPCM, PCM, ADPCM, FLA, MQA; lossless and audiophiles formats support (up to 32-bit / 384 kHz), SACD ISO, SACD DSF, SACD DFF.
● SACD (DSD): Play top-quality Super Audio CD (DSD) music files in all any popular formats (ISO, DFF, DSF), including both stereo and multichannel files as well as files that use DST compression. Multichannel DSD files can be output to HDMI as high-quality multichannel PCM (up to 176.4kHz). Stereo DSD files can be output to HDMI and S/PDIF as high-quality stereo PCM (up to 176.4kHz).
● Multichannel home cinema audio: Bitstream, downmix stereo (DTS, DTS-HD MA, DTS-HD HRA, DTS:X, DTS:X Pro, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital EX, Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Atmos, Auro 3D).
● Playlist file formats: M3U, PLS, CUE.
● Subtitle Formats: SRT (Subrip / external), SUB (MicroDVD) (external), text (MKV), SSA/ASS (MKV, external), VobSub (MP4, MKV, SUB/IDX external), SMI (Sami), IDX, PGS (UHD ISO, BD ISO, BDMV, M2TS, MKV), DVBSUB (DVB-T, DVB-S, DVB-C).
● Subtitle Options: Option to download subtitles. Forced subtitles support for MKV, ISO and BDMV (simultaneous display of multiple subtitles not supported). Customization of sync, size, colour and encoding. Changing the vertical position of subtitles, including on Blu-ray (PGS) subtitles. Multiple external subtitles supported. Customization of the default subtitles.
● 3D Hardware Acceleration: OpenGL.
● Photo File Formats: JPEG (hardware decoding), PNG, BMP and GIF. Slideshow, transition effects, picture rotation, zoom, browse playlist, repeat, shuffle.
● Supported Formatting: FAT16/FAT32 (read-write), EXT2/EXT3/EXT4 (read-write), NTFS (read-write), exFAT (read-write), HFS/HFS+ (Mac OS Standard/Extended) (read-only), BTRFS (read-write).
● Ethernet: 10/100/1000 Mb/s.
● Wi-Fi: Dual Band 2.4+5 GHz 802.11b/g/n/ac 2T2R, two external Wi-Fi antennas (gold-plated and removable).
● Bluetooth: BT5.0, separate external Bluetooth antenna.
● Advanced silent cooling: The Zappiti Reference is equipped with a silent cooling system based on an ultra-low noise 120mm fan.
● Android 9.0: Install and enjoy additional apps via GooglePlay or APK files.
Warning! Some Android apps are not suitable for use with the remote control. In this case, use a connected computer mouse or an AirMouse (not supplied).
● Network Playback: Special optimization of the network, guaranteeing better performances of the local network playback no matter which type of media thanks to SMB protocol (HEVC UHD files included) via Gigabit Ethernet or Ethernet 10/100.
● Universal RC: Integrate seamlessly into smart home installations via ready-to-use Control4 driver, RTI driver, Elan Driver, Crestron IP codes, Savant, ProControl, Logitech, URC, Pronto, and general IP codes.